Monday, September 21, 2009

Art & Spirituality

Anish Kapoor

You just can’t escape Anish Kapoor. Lately I have felt as though he has been following me, even in Art and Today. Nearly every major gallery has one of his works on display…I’m sure of it!

I have to admit that his works are amazing and dizzying to view. I say this as I did not have an appreciation for his works before I saw the real thing. Even if you are not a spiritual person (like myself), you get an inescapable energy that radiates from the works. Between the size of the works and the visual mind games that the works catapult at you, you get a sublime comfort that you cannot achieve with photos of the sculptures. You really have to stand in front of one and relax.


 Ishi's Light 2003Fibreglass, resin and lacquer
object: 3150 x 2500 x 2240 mm

Turning the World Inside Out II, 1995

http://www.anishkapoor.com/

No comments: