Sunday, April 5, 2009

Artspace

3_landscape.jpg


"Exchange Value"- Alex Gawronski


I thought this Piece was good. I remember someone asking (I can't remember who it was) whether it actually was physically balanced. When we were told it wasn't I thought about it some more and realised that the money in the wooden containers was equal in value but the pole was fixed there. I guess this could represent that things aren't really equal and that there is the potential for equality to occur but society has rigid rules and constructs that prevent this from occurring. Also what's equal in some ways isn't in others. Might be completely off but I found that the work could symbolise a lot. 


I also really liked the "Between  site and space" one with the video cams. Hours of entertainment looking into the camera and watching that guy on his computer! 

No comments: