Monday, May 4, 2009

Jamie Boyd- A Lifetime of Paintings

EXHIBITION & NARRATIVE

I attended the opening of this exhibition to see Jamie's sister Polly who lives in my hometown in Victoria. The exhibition was quite conservative and consisted of iconic australian landscapes. Among these included paintings of where Jamie grew up which I thought fitted into the theme "Art and Narrative".  Now living and working in London, I assume that this type of artwork does slightly better over there than it would here because of the cultural differences. The work I liked the best was a nude which was painted in a much more gestural and expressive way to the others. The height of the exhibition for me was the copious amount of free champagne as well as meeting Reg Mombassa (the Mambo guy).

1 comment:

kk said...

apparently there also the only people that redhead allowed to replicate the redhead logo.